Approvals for Confluence Server/Data Center Documentation Home
See the Server/Data Center Docs here:
Announcing a brand new App for Confluence Server, simplifying getting approval at work!
Learn about the useful features that Approvals for Confluence provides.
- Macro Approvals — Add Approvals in-line with page content, by using the Approval Macro functionality.
- Page Approvals — Page Approvals provide an easy-to-use Approval mechanism that works from the top of a page (no need to edit the page) and is easier to script with the REST API than the Macro feature.
- Teams — Teams help your users save time by grouping users together into 'Approval Teams', saving time each time you need to add the same set of Approvers.
- Expire on Date — Choose whether the Approval should expire on a certain date, in addition to a page update
- Minimum Approvers (Quorum Size) — Sometimes you don't need all the Approvers in a list or team to approve a document in order for it to be approved altogether.
- Custom Terminology — Change the terminology for the different Statuses - e.g. Approved, Rejected, Pending and Expired.
- Notifications - Email — Receive Email Notifications when someone asks for your approval and get status emails to follow the approval process.
- Notifications - In-App — Receive In-App Notifications in response to being asked for approval. Clean, fast and easy!
- Approval History — View the history of a Section Macro (Approval Macro).
- Permissions — You can limit who can create Page Approvals at the Global and System level.
Get information about the different UI elements that the App adds alongside Confluence.
- Create a Macro Approval — Use the Approval Macro functionality to ask for approval on a certain piece of content on a page.
- Create a Page Approval — Use the Page Approval functionality to ask for approval on an entire Page.
- View your Approvals — Find and explore Approvals pending your response, Approvals you have asked for and also past Approvals using the User Approval Browser.
- View Approvals in a Space — View Approvals in a certain Space using the Space Approval Browser
- Change Space Settings — Use the Space Settings to create/edit/delete Teams and also enable/disable the Approvals functionality across the Space, or restrict who can ask for Approvals.
- Change System Settings — Change system-wide settings, applying to all Approvals which aren't inside an overridden Space. Includes changing the terminology, enable/disable globally and restriction settings.
- Change User Settings — Change your User account settings. Reset your In-app notifications (troubleshooting).
- Perform Maintenance — Sometimes you may need to perform troubleshooting on Approvals for Confluence.
- View Approval Statistics — You can view high-level statistics on the Approvals for Confluence database as a Confluence Administrator.
- Set Expiry Job Schedule — You can set up the Expiry Date on each instance of the Macro or Page Approval panels, however, you may want to change what time of day these expire - this can be done using these instructions.
- Hide the Navigation Bar Link
- Scripting Approvals with the Java API
Understand the workflow that Approvals follow in Approvals for Confluence.
Use the REST API to automate Approvals within your organisations Confluence system.
Approvals for Confluence supports importing approval data from other plugins.
- Page Approval by ServiceRocket — You can migrate data from the Page Approval plugin into the Approvals for Confluence App.
- ApprovalPluginComponent — The Main Approval Class for External Usage from ScriptRunner or similar scripting plugin - or your own one!
- ApprovalJson — Represents an Approval in its entirety - unique to the Page/Macro and it's version.
- ApprovalMemberJson — A User inside an Approval - which has its own status.