Classification Levels can be customised to fit the organisation's terminology. This change is reflected Confluence-wide, which mean all pages across all spaces will have their Classification Levels altered.
The steps to do so are as follows:
- Navigate to the Confluence settings page.
- Click on Compliance Configuration on the sidebar.
- (Optional) If an extra Classification Level is needed, press Add Level at the bottom of the page.
- Change the names and descriptions to fit your needs, keep in mind that the maximum number of characters allowed for names is 40, and 200 for descriptions.
- Press Save to finalise all changes.
- Once a Classification Level is added, it currently cannot be removed. We are planning to implement a feature to do this in the future.
- The maximum number of Classification Levels allowed is 10.
- The colours of the Classification Levels are currently hard-coded, this means Level 1 will always have the colour Red etc. The full colours available are (from Level 1 to 10): Red, Orange, Blue, Green, Grey, Light Red, Light Orange, Light Blue, Light Green and Light Purple. We are also planning to implement a feature to customise the colours in the future.