This page provides an in-depth guide on getting started with Compliance for Confluence Cloud.
1. Installing the App
First, install the App onto your system.
- Go to the Marketplace Listing for the App
- Install it onto your Cloud Instance
- Start a Free Trial through the UPM
2. Start Classifying Pages
The App is enabled on pages by default, so users can start using the it straight away.
- Go to a page.
- Click on the Pending Classification text at the top of the page, next to the page creator.
- Choose a Classification for the page.
- You can view the history of the page by clicking on the kebab menu (three horizontal dots) on the top right and clicking Compliance History.
3. Configure Spaces
Each Space has its own configuration, so that settings can be applied by Space Admins, so first, we will configure our Space with the right options.
- Go to a Space where you are a Space Administrator.
- Click on Space settings in the sidebar.
- Click on Content Tools on the top tab bar.
- Click on Compliance.
- This will bring you to the configuration screen where you can enable/disable classification and set whether to enable the automatic page restriction.
- Use the toggle titled Enable Classification to enable/disable Classification for this Space.
- Use the toggle titled Enable Page Restrictions to enable the automatic restriction of pages based on the policy you set.
- Select the users who should have access to certain restrictions.
4. View Your Pending Classifications
Users who have created pages can find pages they have not yet classified by following the instructions below.
- Click on your User Profile avatar in either (a) the bottom of the sidebar (for new experience) or (b) the top-right of the navigation bar (for old experience).
- Click on Pending Data Classifications.
- The list presented shows any pages you have yet to classify.
5. Search for Classified pages that you have access to
Users can access Compliance Search through the Space Selection Sidebar, Space Sidebar or by clicking Pending Data Classifications (above), which allows you to filter, sort and search for classifications.