There are a number of steps required to enable this feature, which will determine:
- What is scanned for (e.g. Email Addresses, Phone Numbers)
- Where is scanned (e.g. particular Spaces)
- When a scan will take place (on page operation and/or scheduled)
It's recommended that you configure the extractions, scope and automation rules before you run any scans.
This helps to prevent the need to re-scan the instance.
The first thing to configure is the extractions, these are the patterns which documents are scanned for.
An example of an extraction might be as follows:
|Name||IP - IPv4|
|Description||Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network.|
As you can see, it describes a particular type of sensitive data which we want to detect.
Extractions are either:
- Manually created
Before Extractions are searched for during analysis, they must first be enabled.
- Settings > Compliance Configuration > Detection > Extractions
- Find an extraction that suits your needs from a selection of pre-defined extractions and enable it using the toggle OR create a new extraction by clicking "Add Extraction" at the bottom of the page
- In the dialog, create a name, description and select an icon for your new extraction. In the extraction box, add a regular expression that captures the sensitive information. This will be validated against Java RE/2
- Click Create
- Find your new extraction in the list and enable it using the toggle