Configure Classification Levels
Data classification, in the context of information security, is the classification of data based on its level of sensitivity - in other words this means each document has a 'level' which takes into account the nature of the content.
Each company that uses the App may have a different policy on data classification - because of this we've made these levels customizable!
By default the App comes with 4 predefined levels, but you can have between 4-10 levels.
- Log in as a Confluence Administrator.
- Click on the 'Settings Cog' in the top-right and click on 'Compliance configuration'.
- Navigate to the 'Classification Levels' tab and use the table to configure your options.
- Name - The wording that appears at the top of the page and inside the level lozenge.
- Color - The color of the lozenge that encapsulates the level name.
- Description - A short description which is shown on hover-over of the level, or in the large 'force classification' dialog.
After you have configured the levels, if you don't need any of the additional features, you can start using the App across all pages to manually classify content.
There is a minimum of 4 levels and a maximum of 10 levels available to use.